Text Box: Hecla Tourism Association

Thomasson’s Boarding House

 Built in 1885 by Helgi and Margret Thomasson. It was used to house Icelandic immigrants when they came to the Island to settle until they established a homestead. In later years it was operated as a boarding house and a Family home until the early 1960’s. The islands switchboard was also run out of the house.

Back to Village Tour